My Shopping List
Grilled Tenderloin with Cumin, Green Tomatillos
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb.
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1 tsp. ground cumin
+ dash salt and ground black pepper
+ 10 medium green tomatillos, outer skin removed
+ 2 small jalapenos
+ 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-in. thick slices
+ 3 Tbsp. water
+ 1/2 c. fresh cilantro,chopped, plus additional for garnish
What to do:
1. Butterfly pork tenderloin lengthwise. Flatten pork with the palm of your hand to achieve even thickness. Cover with oil and season with cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Grill tomatillos, jalapenos and onion for about 5 to 10 min., turning often, until soft. Remove vegetables from grill.
3. Seed and stem jalapenos. Add tomatoes, jalapenos and half the onions to a blender or food processor; blend until mixture becomes a thick paste. Transfer to a serving dish and mix in water and cilantro, adding salt to taste.
4. Place pork on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 min. on each side (about 20 min. total time), until internal temperature as measured with an instant-read thermometer is 145°F, followed by a 3-min. rest time. Slice pork and arrange on a warm serving tray. Spoon some of the tomatillo mixture over the pork and decorate with the remaining grilled onions. Garnish with cilantro. Serve pork with remaining sauce.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 191; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 9g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 210mg;