My Shopping List
Spiral Cut Ham with Asparagus
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 14
Oven roasted potatoes and crusty bakery rolls.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 7 to 8 lb. spiral-cut, bone-in, cooked ham
+ 2 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus
+ 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
+ 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
+ 1/4 c. cornstarch
+ 3 Tbsp. sugar
+ 2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
+ 1/4 tsp. white pepper
+ 1 1/4 c. water
+ 1 c. lemon juice
+ 1 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
+ 1/4 c. butter
+ 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme or parsley
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Place ham on rack in a shallow baking pan. Cover tightly with foil. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion (not touching bone) registers 135°F. (about 15 min. per lb.).
2. Meanwhile, remove and discard woody stems from asparagus spears. Arrange asparagus in a 15 x 10 x 2" baking pan. Drizzle with cooking oil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. When ham reaches 135° F., add asparagus to oven. Roast about 30 min. more or until asparagus is tender and ham registers 140°F.
3. For lemon sauce, in a 1 1/2 qt saucepan combine cornstarch, sugar, bouillon granules and pepper. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon peel. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly. Cook for 2 min. more. Stir in butter and snipped thyme or parsley.
4. Slice ham & serve with asparagus and lemon sauce.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Riesling/Rhine, Gewürztraminer, Beaujolais
Calories: 287; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 72mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 1503mg;